Oh my friends! I'm so excited to announce the release of Handmade Cards, the latest and greatest special interest publication from all of your friends here at Paper Crafts magazine! With 233 fabulous ideas to help you use your supplies in the savviest of ways, this issue is simply chock FULL of clever strategies to use your stash! With entire sections on how to use your basic supplies, fabric and fiber scraps, stuff you have lying around the house, and so much more, you are going to be inspired to get your craft on in some amazingly serious ways!
As per usual, here in the Moxie Fab World we will be celebrating all week long with 5--count 'em--5 moxie fab challenges that come directly from the plethora of inspiration that can be found in the magazine itself. Today we begin with a supah fun challenge that explores the some really creative ways to use ready-made embellishments. You know, those embellies that come with a collection? Journaling cards, flare, pre-made banners and flags, chipboard shapes, flowers, ephemera? THAT kind of thing.
To get your wheels a-turning, here are a few of my favies from this section of the issue. Check it:
To the Stars & Back Card by Ashley Marcu, p. 31
Moxie Fab Alert: The ready-made embellishments in this stunning card are the sentiment, arrow, and star chart, and it's all simple but great at the same time. And isn't the composition amazing? Notice that your eye begins at the bold sentiment where it is picked up and drawn upward by the arrow. Then the hearts grab your eye where it is caught by the circle, and in a counter-clockwise turn of events, the diagonals in the striped banner bring your eye back to center. Add some ombre on the side to ground it in trendy, and my-oh-my we have the makings of something truly moxie fab!
Sweet Baby Card by Shanna Vineyard, p. 36
Moxie Fab Alert: How adorable are these stacked chipboard shapes? And the patterned paper? The decorative edge? Sweet as pie!
One Day We Will Laugh Card by Heather Campbell, p. 37
Moxie Fab Alert: My favorite thing about this card is its simplicity. OK, my other favorite thing is the color scheme. And the sentiment. And the washi tape. And how masculine it could be. But seriously, this is basically just some patterned paper and a journaling card. Just goes to show that sometimes the most basic (and easy!) of approaches can be the most powerful.
Are you in? Do you have some ideas brewing for how to use the ready-made embellishments you have in your stash on a card or two (or three, or four, or a dozen?) If so, here's how to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted card that incorporates (a) ready-made embellishment(s) in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Ready-Made Embellishment Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- Projects previously created that fit the exact specifications of this challenge can be linked, provided they were created within four weeks of this posting. You must include an ETA (edited to add) that explains that you are adding it to the Moxie Fab World challenge in order to be eligible.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, October 21.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, October 23 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Handmade Cards.
- ETA: One of the winning cards from this category will be selected as a grand prize winner by the editors of Paper Crafts magazine and will be published in the April 2014 issue of our brand new digital magazine, Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking!
PS The celebration continues on Paper Crafts Connection. Be sure to click on over!
PPS So, when I announced the All That Glitters is Gold Challenge last week, I told you that the deadline was Monday, October 12. I completely forgot that my daughter, Beccah, is going to be in town that week, and I won't be able to look at your projects. SO, the new deadline is Monday, October 7. I'm moxie sorry for all the confusion!