Hot off the presses, Card Creations, Volume 11, is ready for you to drool over! A card maker's dream of a special issue, page after page after page you will find stunning inspiration for every occasion and every style.
Why is this issue always what we call the best of the best? Click HERE to see my take on the topic. And yet, another reason why this issue is always as inspiring as it is, is because it is filled with the most current products reflecting the latest trends--which is what this week has been all about here in the Moxie Fab World. From washi tape, to negative space, to speech bubbles--this issue is all about using trends as springboards to your creativity.
Today's trend focuses on a hot technique--ombre. What is ombre you might ask? Well, ombre is when color graduates from light to dark on a surface. This look can be created in numerous ways--from using ink to cardstock to fibers to paint to embellishments such as buttons to patterned paper. The point is to create a graduated color on a paper crafted card. Here are some moxie fab examples from the issue to give you a better idea of what I mean. Check it:
Retro Blue Thank You by Gayatri Murali, p. 113
Moxie Fab Alert: In this hip geometric card, Gayatri has used increasingly intense shades of cardstock to create her ombre effect.
Two Hearts Become One by Leigh Penner, p. 128
Moxie Fab Alert: I just adore the way Leigh has arranged these patterned papers to go from dark to light on the card. It adds such interest--and movement!--to the card. I am also amazed at how texturally soft this card looks, all because of the ombre effect she has created in the patterned papers she has chosen.
Whaddayasay? Are you ready to give the ombre look a try? If so, here's how to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted card that incorporates an ombre effect in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Ombre Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, April 1.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, April 3 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Card Creations, Volume 11.
PS As I mentioned earlier, the Card Creations Week party continues on Paper Crafts Connection where I've got 5 additional peeks into this moxie fab issue!
PPS For even more moxie fab ombre inspiration, see pages 18-21 of the March/April issue of Paper Crafts magazine.