It's Day 2 of our moxie-tacular celebration of the trends found in the latest and greatest special issue published by Paper Crafts magazine, Card Creations, Volume 11!
Yesterday I offered a challenge on the supah fun trend--washi tape, and today we move to one of the hottest trends in paper crafting, emphasizing the negative. Whether you use a die-cut machine, a punch, a leftover sticker sheet, or a negative anything, the point is to focus on what was left behind. Here are some cards from the issue to show you what I mean. Check it:
Missing You by Clare Prezzia, p. 89
Moxie Fab Alert: In this moxie fab card that utilizes trendy postal stripes and kraft, Clare has emphasized the negative by die-cutting the letters for the word "you," out of the patterned paper, leaving the negative space behind.
You & Me by Kathy Martin, p. 85
Moxie Fab Alert: In one of my very favorite cards from the entire issue, I moxie love the way Kathy has die-cut those trendy arrows from the notebook paper, allowing the patterned paper to show from behind.
This is a fun technique, no? Wouldn't you love to give it a try? I know I'd love to see your clever approaches! If you're game, here's how to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted card that incorporates a negative element in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Emphasize the Negative Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, April 1.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, April 3 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Card Creations, Volume 11.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection where the Card Creations Week party continues!
PPS Don't miss this week's Winnerday! post! Who knows, maybe YOU are one of our random luckies! Either scroll down to the next post or click HERE.