I don't know about you, but I am having a TON of fun in our week-long celebration of the release of the moxie-tacular 75 Creative Card Challenges, a supah fun special interest publication from all of your friends here at Paper Crafts magazine.
I mean, beyond being a great way to kick-start your creativity, the 165-page issue is a smorgasbord of incredible ideas! For example, have you ever considered making a comic-inspired card? (See pages 148-149.) Have you ever tried spelling a word out with twine? (See pages 82-83.) Or how about challenging yourself by making a card that is entirely white? (See pages 54-55.)
In today's challenge here in the Moxie Fab World, we're going to have some fun making our own background paper. Check it:
Have a Wonderful Time Card by Jen del Muro, p. 104
Moxie Fab Alert: I moxie love the way Jen has created the trendy background paper in this card by stamping the airplanes and postage elements on kraft cardstock, don't you?
Love You Birds Card by Amanda Coleman, p. 105
Moxie Fab Alert: For the background in this oh-so-lovely card, Amanda has created a gradient watercolor wash that adds not just a beautiful color scheme, but some moxie fab dimension and texture as well.
To see more examples of cards made with homemade background paper, see pages 104 and 105.
What else could you use to create a fun background paper for a card? I'd love to see your clever approaches! Here's how to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted card in which you create an innovative background paper.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Make Your Own Background Paper Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, February 4.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 6 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of 75 Creative Card Challenges.
PS Be sure and pop in to see how we're celebrating over on Paper Crafts Connection!