Calling all you stampy stampers! Did you know that out of the 75 creative card challenges in this issue of the same name there are 9 challenges that are devoted exclusively to stamping? And did you know that out of the 293 card designs featured, 228 incorporate an element that is stamped?
That's right! Not only do we show you out-of-the-box ways to try a myriad of new things in your card making, we also feature plenty o' projects that feature your favorite technique--stamping!
Which brings me to today's challenge--Stamp With a Homemade Stamp.
Intrigued? Check it:
Fancy Frame Miss You Card by Kimberly Crawford, p. 41
Moxie Fab Alert: If you really stop and think about it, there are all kinds of things that you can stamp with. In this gorgeous card, Kimberly has die-cut a frame from craft foam and used it as a stamp. How moxie clever is that?
Patriotic Thank You Card by Julie Campbell, p. 40
Moxie Fab Alert: While the sentiment of this card is stamped from a regular stamp, the stars in the background are the result of Julie adhering wood stars to an acrylic block and stamping them onto the patterned paper. Great idea, wouldn'tchasay?
For more moxie fab examples of cards that incorporate a homemade stamp of some kind, see pages 40 and 41.
I know you're sitting there at your computer thinking of all the different things you could use as a stamp. And whether they are adaptations of things you have lying around your craft space or things you've got lying around the house, I just know you can come up with something clever and innovative yourselves! Here's how to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted card that incorporates a homemade stamp in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Stamp With a Homemade Stamp Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, February 4.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 6 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of 75 Creative Card Challenges.
PS The party continues over on Paper Crafts Connection! Be sure to click on through!
PPS My daughter, Beccah Thomas, is opening her own consignment shop today in Chicago!
Join me in wishing her luck by liking her Facebook Fan Page and leaving her a comment of support. I can't be there because I'm on my way to CHA as we speak, but we can all be there for her in spirit. And if you're in the Chicago area, feel free to stop by and say "hello!" The festivities begin at 3:00 PM!