Well, I hate to say it, but this is the final day of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks Week. I've had a blast showing you some of my favorite sections from the issue, and even more fun offering 5 fun challenges for you to play in! It's moxie fun to have so many different ways to s-t-r-e-t-c-h our creativity, isn't it?
I chose this last challenge for the simple reason that stitching and sewing are tried-and-true techniques for all of us card makers, but it's also super trendy these days as well, so I thought it would be fun to try out some new approaches. One of the most original paper crafters out there, Courtney Kelley, has some really great ideas for us on that score. Check out these technique squares found on page 109:
Moxie Fab Alert: Add movement and embellish accents by hand sewing directly onto the card.
Moxie Fab Alert: If you look closely, you can see how Courtney has enhanced these accents cut from patterned paper with a basic straight stitch.
Moxie Fab Alert: One of my favorite technique squares from the entire issue, Courtney has created a textured focal point by cross-stitching a heart onto her background patterned paper. And trendy? My oh my oh my!
Moxie Fab Alert: Why not accentuate a paper-pieced background with stitches? In this case, the sewing makes it look like a real quilt.
Moxie Fab Alert: I love how the random stitching makes this look like a grassy background, don't you?
Moxie Fab Alert: Wanna underline a sentiment to help it stand out even more? These fun stitches are just the thing!
Trendy, fun, and fresh approaches, right? That's what this whole magazine is all about!
As someone who adores embroidery, stitching, and sewing of all kinds, this Love Card by Kim Hughes found on page 110 made me gasp out loud:
Moxie Fab Alert: It's easy to stitch uniformly on patterned paper when you select a pattern that is predictable like this grid background.
For the 5 additional projects that incorporate stitching and sewing, see pages 109-111.
Are you itching to get stitchy? If so, here are the guidelines you'll need to follow to join in on all the fun:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates stitching and/or sewing in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Stitching & Sewing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, November 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, November 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks.
PS There's more fun to be had on Paper Crafts Connection, friends! See you there after the click!