It's Day 3 of our week-long celebration of the upcoming release of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks, the latest and greatest special issue from Paper Crafts magazine. And while so far I've offered the Alphabet Stickers and the Canvas, Cork, & Burlap Challenges, today we're going to tackle those prolific little ditties that come in every paper collection known to man--journaling cards.
Created as journaling prompts for layouts, journaling cards aren't just for scrapbookers any more! Check out these moxie fab ideas on how to use them in non-journaling ways by my dear friend and former Paper Crafts intern, Kalyn Kepner, found on page 46:
Moxie Fab Alert: In this fun technique square, Kalyn has created a frame by cutting out the center of a journaling card and adhering it with foam tape.
Moxie Fab Alert: Here she has created a simple accent by trimming and punching specific sections of a journaling card.
Moxie Fab Alert: Change up a basic journaling card by printing sentiments or quotes directly onto them.
Moxie Fab Alert: Got a pile of journaling cards you don't know what to do with? Create dimensional interest by layering them on top of one another.
Moxie Fab Alert: How about creating a focal point by centering a journaling card and adding a sentiment?
Moxie Fab Alert: Make a journaling card your own by stamping motifs and sentiments on it.
As you can see, when it comes to journaling cards and paper crafting, the possibilities are endless! In fact, I just love the way Layle Koncar has used a journaling card to create this Miss You tag on page 48, don't you?
Moxie Fab Alert: Layle has used a pre-fab tag and then added a journaling card, strips of patterned paper, stickers, and some fun embellishments to create this graphic tag. It just goes to show you that journaling cards are just as versatile as other kinds of product when it comes to your creativity!
Are you thinking up clever ways to incorporate journaling cards in to your paper crafted projects? If so, you'll want to be sure and join us for this moxie fab challenge! Here's how to join in on all the fun!
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a journaling card in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Journaling Cards Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, November 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, November 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection to see what fun they're having in Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks Week as well!