All hail the latest and greatest special issue from Paper Crafts magazine! With its roots in the PC101 column found in every edition of the regular magazine, Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks gives you 6 moxie creative ideas on how to utilize products and techniques in your paper crafting and then shows you 6 additional ways to incorporate those ideas into actual projects. All totaled, there are 252 inspiring ideas, and we're going to be celebrating along with Paper Crafts Connection all week long!
So let's get this party started, shall we?
Here in the Moxie Fab World, we're going to be celebrating with...you guessed it...five challenges to shake up your creativity, each coming from one of the sections in the issue. Today we begin with trendy alphabet stickers. Superstar designer Chan Vuong begins with these clever ideas on how to incorporate alphabet stickers into your projects, found on page 14. Check it:
Moxie Fab Alert: In this fun and cute technique square, Chan has emphasized a statement with bold alphabet stickers.
Moxie Fab Alert: Chan has created a ransom note look by combining different fonts and dimensional stickers.
Moxie Fab Alert: Have you ever thought of altering your alphabet stickers? Note how the doodling that was added to this letter sticker helps to focus our eye even more on the monogram focal point.
Moxie Fab Alert: What a fun way to create a border!
Moxie Fab Alert: In this trendy typographical treatment, Chan has created a background with patterned paper and a combination of coordinating fonts.
And how about a project that incorporates these techniques? Well, in this Typeset Congrats Card found on page 15, Chan has focused on the ransom note look featured above:
Moxie Fab Alert: I just love the random nature of these fonts which give this masculine card a playful look. The plaid background helps to "standardize" the randomness, while the navy borders help to ground the entire design.
For the other 5 projects that incorporate these techniques, see pages 15-17.
Whaddayasay? Are you ready to use alphabet stickers in creative ways on a paper crafted project? If so, here's how to play:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates alphabet stickers in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Alphabet Stickers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, November 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, November 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks.
PS Be sure and tune in to our weekly Winnerday! post first thing tomorrow morning! In addition to announcing the winners of last week's comment-to-wins, I'll also be announcing the 10 random winners of our World Card Making Day Week challenges!