How's everyone enjoying our moxie-tacular Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks Week here in the Moxie Fab World so far? I hope you are having as much fun as I am, friends, for this issue is jam-PACKED with so much out-of-the-box inspiration I can hardly stand it!
Take, for example, today's challenge--the Square Punch Challenge. I mean, seriously? Squares? What could such a simple shape have to offer in the way of creativity? Hasn't everything "square" been done before?
As a matter of fact, no. And that's what I love the most about Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks. It takes basic products, basic techniques, and basic shapes and shows us all kinds of moxie fab ways to incorporate them into our projects. And my goodness, when you put something as basic as a square punch in the hands of card making genius Laura Bassen--well, scroll down to see what I mean. Check out these technique squares found on page 70:
Moxie Fab Alert: It's super easy to make trendy triangles out of squares--just trim them on the diagonal!
Moxie Fab Alert: In this fun technique square, Laura has created a zigzag by adhering diagonally-cut square cardstock punches.
Moxie Fab Alert: Just think of all the fun sentiments you could play with by stamping and embossing alphabets on square punches.
Moxie Fab Alert: I don't know if you've noticed, but arrows are currently all the rage. Note how easy peasy it is to create them by double square-punching cardstock.
Moxie Fab Alert: I love the background Laura has created with these punched squares. And it's not just the shape she's using that makes this so appealing--it's the colors combined with pattern that make us say, "Wow!"
Moxie Fab Alert: How fun is this technique square? Here, Laura has used a corner-rounder on her punched squares and then arranged them in this moxie fab pattern!
Now that's some serious "squaring off," wouldn't you say?
And did you know? Each set of 6 technique squares in the issue is followed by 6 paper crafted projects that incorporate those very techniques. This very hip You Mean the World Card by Kim Kesti found on page 72 capitalizes on the arrow trend:
Moxie Fab Alert: Not only has Kim incorporated a directional arrow, she's also used another trendy product in the background--a map. And note the great design in this card (and the benefit of arrows, IMHO.) The arrows serve to point your eye to the focal point of the card, the sentiment in the white circle.
For the additional 5 cards that show even more ways to incorporate punched squares into your proejcts, see pages 71-73.
Are you ready to start thinking about punched squares in new ways? I sure hope so! Here's how to join in on all the fun of our challenge:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates punched squares in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Square Punch Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, November 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, November 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks.
PS Be sure and pop on over to Paper Crafts Connection where the Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks party continues!