Want more ideas on how to use the products you've got stashed around your craft room? Want new ways to use commonplace materials that are tucked into the nooks and crannies of your house? Want really clever approaches to the techniques you already know and love? Want out-of-the-box ideas for tools that have been gathering dust?
If you answered "yes" to even one of these questions, then Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks is the special issue for you. It's simply bursting at the seams with inspiration, providing you with the tips and tricks that can take your paper crafting from good to better to best!
Yesterday I challenged you to use your alphabet stickers in innovative ways. Today we're going to focus on texture. On page 30 of the issue, one of my all-time favorite paper crafters, Kimberly Crawford, shows us some moxie fab ways to incorporate the oh-so-trendy textures of canvas, cork, and burlap into our paper crafted projects. And what can I say, she's a natural! ;) Check it:
Moxie Fab Alert: When you stamp on canvas, it creates an unmistakably rustic texture that is, well, simply moxie fab!
Moxie Fab Alert: I'm loving this rolled flower that's made out of a canvas strip, aren't you?
Moxie Fab Alert: I moxie love the idea of running cork through a die-cut machine!
Moxie Fab Alert: Or how about stamping and heat embossing on cork to make it stand out even more?
Moxie Fab Alert: Take texture to another level by fraying burlap in creative ways.
Moxie Fab Alert: And how genius is this? Stamping with burlap? Get outta town!
Aren't these ideas amazing, friends? And while the 6 technique squares that appear at the beginning of each of the 40 different sections of the magazine are oh-so-inspiring in and of themselves, we follow that up with 6 additional projects that utilize those very techniques for an even more in-depth look. For example, in this Sending You Love Card found on page 31, Kimberly has incorporated the rolled canvas flower shown above:
Moxie Fab Alert: Not only are those canvas flowers super fun, but I love how the patterned papers Kimberly has chosen look as though they are textured as well
To see the other 5 projects that follow, see pages 31-33.
Who's ready to play with some canvas, some cork, and/or some burlap? If you're raising your hand, here's what you need to do to throw your hat into the ring:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates canvas, cork, and/or burlap in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Canvas, Cork, & Burlap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, November 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, November 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Paper Crafting Tips & Tricks.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection to see how we're celebrating today over there!
PPS Scroll down for today's lengthy Winnerday! post. I've got the winners for last week's comment-to-wins as well as the 10 random winners of our World Card Making Day Week extravaganza!