The trend for this issue couldn't be more popular, inviting, or easy to use. For we're hooked on hexagons, friends, and ready to help you "line up" a whole new "side" to your creativity. Check out these six-sided wonders from the wide, wide world. Whether you are inspired by their position, palette, or pattern, you can't deny that these hexagons are highly hypnotic!
But wait! There's more! Take a looky-loo at these moxie fab projects from the column itself:
Hexagon Hi Card by Kim Kesti, p. 32
Moxie Fab Alert: When featuring a pattern like hexagons as the focus of your design, consider jazzing it up with trendy colors as Kim has done in this retro-graphic card.
Sew Happy Card by Betsy Veldman, p. 31
Moxie Fab Alert: As you can see from the examples above, hexagons are often used in quilting, and by sewing these paper-pieced hexagons together, Betsy has not only played on a sewing theme, but she's given her card some moxie fab texture and dimension as well.
New Day Card by Danielle Flanders, p. 32
Moxie Fab Alert: Don't be afraid to double-up on trends. The hexagons in this card are reminiscent of a rainbow, another shapely icon which is all the rage these days.
Are you inspired enough to give this a try? To throw your six-cornered hat into the ring? To toss all caution to the wind and have some actual (as opposed to virtual) and oh-so-moxie-fab fun?
If so, here's the 411 on how to do just that:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates hexagons in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Hooked on Hexagons Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, July 30.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, August 1 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a yummy prize from my moxie magical prize drawer.