If you haven't noticed this trend yet, we editors at Paper Crafts magazine sure have, and it has definitely been a trend in Card Creations, Volume 10, the latest and greatest special issue from Paper Crafts magazine.
Whether you use ink, paint, glitter, embossing powder, (etc.!) to create this effect, the possibilities in medium, design, and purpose are truly endless. Here are some cards from the issue that show you what I'm talking about. Check it:
Your Craft Room or Mine? Card by Laura O'Donnell, p. 76
Moxie Fab Alert: In this colorful card, Laura has used the technique to offer a visual connection to her fun sentiment.
Stashing Through the Snow Card by Kim Kesti, p. 123
Moxie Fab Alert: In this pun-tastic Christmas card, Kim has used the spatter technique to mimic nature.
Romance Card by Els Brige, p. 24
Moxie Fab Alert: And last but certainly not least, Els has added the splatter in this card as part of her design. It gives her card an eclectic edge that is unexpected and a little bit of a funky surprise.
Have you noticed the splatter technique as you've been out and about? Have you wanted to give it a try? Or is it so out of your comfort zone you wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot bone folder? If that's the case, then all the more reason to join us for this challenge! We call it the moxie fab s-t-r-e-t-ch, and I encourage you to muscle your way in on all the fun! Here are the details you'll need to join us:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates the splatter technique in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Spatter Technique Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, June 4.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, June 6 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Card Creations, Volume 10.
PS The Card Creations Week celebration would not be complete without stopping by Paper Crafts Connection. Click HERE to keep the party going!