Damask and brocade, in my humble opinion, fall into the same category. They seem to always be popular, especially for us card makers. And even though we've already tackled damask in our Diggin' on Damask challenge way back in October 2010, it can be found in abundance throughout the pages of Card Creations, Volume 10:
Always Card by Jamie Harder, p. 20
Moxie Fab Alert: The brocade in the background of the top portion of this card is as much a focal point as the felt flower and the striking sentiment. It dramatically sets the tone for the elegance, and the seriousness, of the occasion for which the card was created.
Fabulous Card by Julie Overby, p. 46
Moxie Fab Alert: In both of the definitions of damask and brocade, the words "rich" and "elaborate" are used. This card is rich and elaborate in its pattern, texture, colors, and font, for sure, but I adore the way Julie has incorporated a hint of hounds tooth, a bit of kraft, and some friendly flower buttons to add a touch of fun.
At Christmas Card by Lindsay Amrhein, p. 128
Moxie Fab Alert: The floral brocade on this card is the perfect background for these striking poinsettias, causing them to pop right off the card--and my jaw to drop right off my head.
Inspiring, right? What I love about this challenge is how accessible it is, too. I mean, I bet most of you could go to your crafting stations and reach for at least 2 or 3 stamps, patterned papers, etc., that you could use for this challenge without even breaking a sweat!
Want to join in on all the fun? Here are the deets you'll need to throw your hats into the ring:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates damask or brocade in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Damask & Brocade Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, June 4.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, June 6 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Card Creations, Volume 10.
PS There's more fun to be had on the Paper Crafts Connection blog in celebration of Card Creations Week! Hope to see you there!
PPS For more helpful inspiration, click here and here.