Oh my friends! I have been anxiously awaiting this day for a very long time now. You know, pacing the floor, wringing my hands, watching the calendar, checking my watch. For today begins the long-anticipated arrival of Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters, as well as our week-long celebration of this special issue from Paper Crafts magazine that will, and pardon my French, knock you on your patootie!
Divided into six drop-dead gorgeous sections, Practical Solutions is so full of clever ideas on how to paper craft creatively on a budget that I hardly know where to begin. Here's how it breaks down:
- The opening section includes innovative and inexpensive ways to store and organize your stash and its accompanying tools using widely available items.
- Next comes some uber clever inspiration on how to utilize household items in your paper crafting, which not only saves you money, but it saves you time as well.
- The mixxy-matchy look is super popular right now, and so creating cards with your paper scraps has never been more en vogue. Not only that, but you will be amazed at the magic our designers have made with the tiniest bits of paper.
- Packaged embellishments getting a little too pricey for you? Our section on DIY embellishments will corral your cash as well as gussy-up your cards.
- Ever consider that each ribbon scrap, every random embellishment, each tiny stamp, and even your product packaging can be used to create incredible focal points on your card? We'll show you how to transform the little bits you might otherwise be tempted to throw away into something moxie fab.
- And last but not least, you've never seen a 5 for $5 feature like this one. We've got 12 jaw-dropping sets of five cards each created for under $5 that will effectively remind you that this hobby doesn't have to break the bank!
Well, your opportunity is now! I'll be presenting 5 different challenges from the issue this week--all with sneak peeks to inspire you--and I hope you will join in on all the fun!
So, without further ado, let's get this party started!
As I mentioned above, the second section of the book is all about paper crafting from household items. From bubble wrap to office supplies to crayons to duct tape to batteries to Lego blocks, our designers have thought way beyond the box to bring you astounding inspiration that even us editors couldn't have dreamed up. Check it:
Blooming Hi Card by Teri Anderson, p. 37
Moxie Fab Alert: One of my favorite cards from the entire 192 projects included in the issue, Teri used a discarded paper towel tube to create the petals on this flower. Who in the world ever knew that something as ordinary as a paper towel tube could motivate something so incredibly moxie fab?
Apple Thanks Card by Julia Stainton, p. 34
Moxie Fab Alert: In this gorgeous and incredibly artful card, Julia has simply applied paint to an apple she cut in half and then stamped it onto the cardstock.
Happy Card by Windy Robinson, p. 46
Moxie Fab Alert: Parchment paper. Yep. Parchment paper. That's what Windy has used to create these lovely flower focal points. Like I said, w-a-y beyond the box.
For even more inspiration on clever ways to paper craft with items you find around the house, see pages 33-58.
Whaddayasay? Are you ready to give this challenge a try? Keep in mind, the more innovative your approaches, the better your chance of being recognized as a winner. So take a deep breath, and here goes:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a household item in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Household Items Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, April 9.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, April 11 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection today because we've got some behind-the-scenes fun as well as another chance to win a copy of this moxie-tacular issue!