I don't know about you, but with the economy the way it is, I'm trying to find ways to save. Whether that's driving my car less, or making more meatless meals, or giving up the little things that I don't really need, I'm trying to make a difference. And while all of that goes hand-in-hand with my desire to also live a simpler, more sustainable life, it also means that I'm saving money as well.
Which is what the latest and greatest special issue from Paper Crafts magazine is all about. Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters is loaded with funtastic ideas for how to paper craft on a budget.
On Monday, I showed you some moxie fab ideas for how to paper craft using common household items. Yesterday, we talked about some incredibly creative ways to incorporate scraps into your projects. And today, I'm going to show you some out-of-the-box approaches to making your own embellishments for your projects. Check it:
Birthday Butterflies Card by Sarah J. Moerman, p. 85
Moxie Fab Alert: While you can easily purchase ready-made embellishments such as these for your paper crafted projects, creating them yourself is not only fun, it is a much less expensive approach--and, you are guaranteed that the embellishments will be exactly what you want them to be!
Roll With It Card by Katie Gehring, p. 88
Moxie Fab Alert: Talk about a creative--and unique!--approach to handmade embellishments!
Cameo Birthday Card by Agnieszka Malyszek, p. 88
Moxie Fab Alert: In this retro-tastic card, Aga has created her own cameo focal point with a stamp, some dimensional glaze, and some rhinestones.
I can see the wheels spinning around in your creative DIY heads, my friends, and can't wait to see the creative ways you approach this challenge. Here's the 411 so you can play:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a handmade embellishment that functions as the focal point.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the DIY Embellishments Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, April 9.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, April 11 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters.
Celebrating our resourcefulness,
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection today for even more inspiration from this moxie fab special issue!