Raise your hand if you're having fun in our Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters week-long celebration! I know I'm having a dandy of a time showing you just the eensiest, teensiest portion of this 164-page issue that has tons and tons of ideas on how to paper craft on a budget.
I've shown you snippets from the Household Items, Paper Scraps, and DIY Embellishments sections of this blockbuster issue, and today I'm excited to tout the tremendous traits of the Don't Throw it Away section. As in, every little piece of fiber (think ribbon, tape, twine, etc.), any bit of random embellishments (think leftover alphas, numbers, punctuation, eyelets), each teensy stamp, and especially the packaging your products come in can be used to create astounding paper crafted projects.
For moxie fab example:
Just a Little Note Card by Emily Branch, p. 123
Moxie Fab Alert: In this stunning example (one of my favorite cards evah!), Emily has incorporated a patterned paper cover sheet into her design.
Hello Banner Card by Kim Kesti, p. 111
Moxie Fab Alert: Got bits o' leftover ribbon? Turn it into something bannerific the way Kim has done in this fun card! (And note that in this challenge we are focusing on non-paper scraps. Click here for the challenge on paper scraps.)
Exclamation Point Card by Kelley Wrye Eubanks, p. 126
Moxie Fab Alert: And who doesn't have a ton of exclamation points lying around the craft room? I moxie love the way Kelley has incorporated so many of them in such a poignant way in this fantastically fun and graphic card!
For more ideas on how to incorporate products you might otherwise throw away, see pages 110-134.
Look around you. What non-paper scraps are lying around? What little bits are scattered here and there? Check out your trash bin. Can you use any of the product packaging? See what you were thinking of throwing away and then consider incorporating it into a card. I can't wait to see what it is! In the meantime, here's how to throw your proverbial hat into the ring:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a paper crafting product you might ordinarily throw away (no paper scraps for this challenge, please.)
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Don't Throw it Away Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, April 9.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, April 11 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Practical Solutions for Paper Crafters.
PS Be sure and stop by the Paper Crafts Connection blog where creative editor Susan R. Opel is sharing some her favies from the issue AND giving you a chance to win a copy just for leaving a comment!