Whether you're repurposing an outdated atlas, borrowing from an heirloom collection, or utilizing a brand new piece of patterned paper, using maps in your paper crafting is nothing short of all the rage.
Check out these inspiring uses of maps in the wide, wide world:
Oh my endless possibilities! There are sooooo many things that you can do with maps! Are your creative wheels spinning, friends? I'd be willing to bet that you've got a dozen map ideas buzzing through your minds as we speak! And because maps are typically made of paper--ohmyohmyohmy!--just think of all the things you could do!
To jump-start your creativity even further, here are three examples of how designers approached this trend in the column:
Lost Without You Card by Jessica Witty, p. 30
Moxie Fab Alert: Not only is this a gorgeous card that uses a real map, but its sentiment is a perfect example of how a play on words can enhance the meaning of a card.
Floral Map Thank You Card by Julia Stainton, p. 30
Moxie Fab Alert: While maps lend themselves quite well to clever and punny sentiments, they also can be used to create focal point design elements for any and all occasions.
Best is Yet to Be Card by Kim Kesti, p. 28
Moxie Fab Alert: One of my all-time favorite cards EVER, I just love the way Kim has played on maps and the direction they take us, "looking" into the future, and adding additional trends such as sunglasses and wood grain.
Whaddayasay? Are you ready to try your hand at incorporating maps into your paper crafted projects? If so, here are the details you'll need to get your project on the map:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a map/s in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Map to Your Heart Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, January 23.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 1 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a truly moxie fab prize.
Putting this challenge on the map,