I mean, what could be more fun than a 164-page issue chock full of super innovative ways to use your paper crafting tools? Even more, what could be more fun than a week full of challenges to spark our creativity?
I know, right?
So let's get down to business, shall we? Today's challenge focus is on creative ways to emboss and deboss, where it's all about adding texture and dimension to our paper crafted projects. Hotter than hot, these techniques incorporate embossing templates in your die-cutting system. From there, the possibilities are endless. Check it:
Mod Hello Card by Heidi Van Laar, p. 26
Moxie Fab Alert: This bright and fun card was created from craft plastic. Heidi first applied paint to her embossing folder, ran the craft plastic through, touched up the "splooches," and voila! A moxie fab card in a splendid color scheme that says, "Wow!"
You Are My Sunshine Card by Danielle Flanders, p. 27
Moxie Fab Alert: Believe it or not, Danielle created the embossed elements in this sweet card by using some chipboard pieces that she loves. For step-by-step photos, see p. 27, but suffice it to say, the trick is to mist the cardstock and put a piece of felt underneath it before you run it through the die-cut machine.
This is the Day Frame by Betsy Veldman, p. 35
Moxie Fab Alert: In this decisively masculine project, Betsy embossed the patterned paper and then, leaving the paper on the embossing folder, rubbed it with an oil pastel. By leaving it in the embossing folder, a crisper design is achieved.
Inspired? Do you have a bunch of ideas "running through" your mind about how you can emboss and/or deboss something moxie fab? If so, here's the 411 on how to play:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates an embossed or debossed element in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Embossing & Debossing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, February 13.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 15 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Cool Tools.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection for more Cool Tools Week fun!