The Cool Tools Week celebration continues today as we explore the world of paper crafting possibilities when we consider the creative applications of cutting and trimming tools.
From decorative scissors to trimmers to craft knives and circle cutters, I have no doubt that paper crafters of all skill levels and styles can find some innovative way to use cutters and trimmers. Here are some moxie fab examples from the issue itself. Check it:
Welcome Little Bird Card by Amber Daigre, p. 43
Moxie Fab Alert: Fringe scissors are all the rage, and I'm pretty sure that there are at least a million and one ways to use them. In this cutie of a card, Amber has used her fringe scissors to create this sweet little nest. For more clever ideas on how to incorporate fringe scissors into your projects, see pages 44, 45, 46, and 47.
Mother's Love Frame by Sarah Jay, p. 54
Moxie Fab Alert: In this heartfelt project, Sarah has used a circle cutter to create the frame. The rest is pure sweetness.
Colorful Friends Card by Teri Anderson, p. 46
Moxie Fab Alert: In yet another example of how to use fringe scissors creatively, Teri has distressed the letters that spell out "friends" with her fringe scissors. Don't have any of these specialty cutters on hand yourself? This effect can be easily achieved by using regular scissors as well.
Now it's your turn. Use any trimming or cutting tool to create a paper crafted project with pizazz for today's challenge. Here are the deets you'll need to trim up some fun!
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates an element that has been trimmed or cut in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Cutting & Trimming Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, February 13.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 15 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Cool Tools.
PS Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection to see how we're celebrating there today!