That's right! Today we're paying homage to the tools we have around the house--those unexpected and perhaps overlooked paper crafting gems found in drawers and cupboards and tool boxes in the kitchen, the bathroom, the garage, etc.
I mean, have you ever thought of a paper clip as a tool? What about a stapler? A nail file? A screw driver? A hammer? How about a tea bag?
Now I've got you going, haven't I? You're thinking about all the things you can find around your house that would qualify as a "tool," aren't you? Great! Keep thinking, because you may come up with something we haven't thought of before!
To keep the brainstorm going, here are some examples from the issue I can't wait to share! Check it:
All Smiles Card by Courtney Kelley, p. 134
Moxie Fab Alert: I love the way the staples seem to both ground and underline the design in this card.
Just Fabulous Card by Kim Kesti, p. 136
Moxie Fab Alert: The household item Kim has used in this card is hem tape. She dyed it with shimmer spray and then turned it into flowers to create moxie fab DIY embellishments!
Soar Card by Teri Anderson, p. 138
Moxie Fab Alert: The circles in this card were created using the bottoms of plates, proving that the possibilities really are endless when you think of ways to create innovative ways to paper craft using tools from around the house!
How about you? Do you have some ideas about tools you might be able to use on your paper crafted projects from items you have around the house? Of course you do--and I can't wait to see what you come up with, just be sure that you follow these instructions as you load up your project(s):
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates an element that was created from a "tool" that you have around your house in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Around the House Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, February 13.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, February 15 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of Cool Tools.
PS As per usual, Courtney's got a stellar blog hop for you with loads o' inspiration and prizes galore, so be sure and click HERE to get started!