The fun thing about the trend we featured in the November/December issue of Paper Crafts magazine is that it isn't necessarily a trend that I'm seeing in the big, wide world, but it's a paper crafting trend that I've been noticing for quite a while now.
Maybe you've been noticing them yourself? I'm speaking of three-dimensional paper medallions. Whether fashioned as an award medallion, with two tails and the connotations of "prize," "congratulations," "winner," and "super-star" that go with; or as a folded and layered element that serves as the focal point on a card, layout, garland, or banner, these accordioned morsels are currently all the rage. Check it:
See what I mean? Here are some examples from the issue to give you some ideas to get your creative juices flowing even further:
Right on Target Card by Courtney Kelley, p. 25
Moxie Fab Alert: Not only is this a trendy wendy award medallion, but I love the way Courtney has made it extra trendy by making the center of the medallion a target. And the play on words? Divine!
Grow with Love Card by Kim Kesti, p. 25
Moxie Fab Alert: I just love the idea of using an award medallion for a baby card. After all, it's quite a big accomplishment to enter the world of parenthood!
All the Trimmings Card by Windy Robinson
Moxie Fab Alert: What do you get when you forego the award medallion streamers and layer them like so? A prize of a card that is absolutely perfect for Christmas!
So whaddayatink, friends? Are you ready to start folding up some fun? If so, here are all the deets you need to gitterdone:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a three-dimensional medallion or award medallion in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Championing Award Medallions Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, December 5.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, December 7 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a truly moxie fab prize.
Searching for some "prize-winning" projects,