It's just like the tag-line says: "Creative Ideas for Every Day of the Year." That's right! There's a card for each day of 2012. And guess what? Next year there are 366 days because of leap year, so we've added that extra card accordingly. Bonus!
Not only have we included tons o' inspiration for all the holidays and seasons of the year, but this must-have issue is chock full of cards for all your favorite occasions as well as our signature approach to celebrating the whacky, funny, uplifting, supportive, and generally random holidays and occasions that make life interesting and fun. ('Cause we're moxie fab like that.)
We're celebrating the release of this issue all this week here in the Moxie Fab World and on Paper Crafts Connection with all kinds of chances to win!
So, I hereby declare it 365 Cards Week! Let the festivities begin!
As you have come to expect, I'm excited to be hosting a series of challenges based on inspiration from the issue, beginning with our first challenge: Celebrating Relationships. There are all kinds of holidays throughout the year that honor people in our lives who are important to us, including moms and dads, and husbands and wives. Today's challenge takes us in three different, but equally important, directions. Check it:
National Girlfriends Day is August 1.
Best Friend. Ever. Card by Windy Robinson, p. 93
Moxie Fab Alert: To me, Windy has captured the essence of the whole "girlfriend" theme in this trendy card utilizing cameo silhouettes. What a fun way to celebrate the women in our lives who support, comfort, and humor us!
Grandparents Day is the first Sunday after Labor Day:
Special Grandmother Card by Jennifer Rzasa, p. 109
Moxie Fab Alert: Isn't this a great card for a grandma? The soft colors, the lovely doily, the sweet font, and the subtle ribbon all combine to create a tasteful salute to the special connections that grandmas add to our lives.
National Dog Day is August 26:
Hey, Pal! Card by Chan Vuong, p. 102
Moxie Fab Alert: If dogs are man's best friend, then they are certainly woman's best friend as well. The fun and cute styling in this card is a celebration of that fact in and of itself.
Are you ready to get started on this challenge celebrating these three unique relationships? Great! Here are the details you'll need to give it a go:
- Create a paper crafted project card that you could give to someone for National Girlfriends Day, Grandparents Day, or National Dog Day. Feel free to enter each category if you so desire. Multiple entries in similar categories are always A-OK.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Celebrating Relationships Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, December 12.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, December 14 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of 365 Cards.
PS There are more challenges to come in celebration of this festive issue. So be sure and stay tuned!