Who's ready to "cut" it up?
Who's ready to "pin" your courage to the "tack"-ing place, "form" a "measure" of a plan, "pattern" your resolve, and "darn" it all, "stitch" motivation to creativity once and for all?
I knew it would be you.
For today we're exploring the world of the seamstress, as the feature of the same title in the May/June issue of Paper Crafts magazine inspires us to do. And, as devoted readers and eager paper crafters, you know that this challenge is trendy, accessible, and oh-sew-easy to do! I know, right?
I mean, just look how these designers from the issue "tack"-led it:
Sew Happy Card by Chan Vuong, p. 73
Inspire Sketch Book by Sarah Jay, p. 77
By a Thread Card by Kelley Eubanks, p. 77
Oh my moxie fab! Want more? Here is some inspiration from the wide, wide world to lower your presser foot. And notice, this challenge is not about incorporating stitching or putting fabric on your projects (though your projects can include stitching and/or fabric), it is about including the icons associated with sewing into your projects. We're talking sewing machines, tape measures, spools of thread, dress forms, pins and needles, thimbles, patterns--you know, the stuff that we actually sew with. Check it:
Whaddayasay? You in? I sew, sew hope sew! If sew, here are the details you'll need to join in on the fun:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates sewing icon(s) in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the I'm Sew Excited! Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EDT on Monday, June 20.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, June 22 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a truly moxie fab prize.