In the Moxie Fabs column of the March/April issue, we explore trendy cityscapes.
Whether you hail from town or country, cityscapes are recognizable backdrops that provide us with an important sense of place. Full of depth and dimension, incorporating cityscapes into your designs is one hip way to trend up your paper crafting, as well as a fun way to tie this vertical visual to your project's purpose.
Check out these moxie fab projects from the issue:
Paint the Town Card by Courtney Kelley, p. 26
Moxie Fab Alert: Not only is this a stinkin' cute cityscape, but I love the intended pun in this card. When you paint the town, you usually paint it red. Note the clever implication with the red building in the foreground.
Mr. & Mrs. Card by Julia Stainton, p. 26
Moxie Fab Alert: When I went to the National Stationery Show last May, there were a lot of wedding invitations that used cityscapes. One in particular I remembered used a cityscape from Poland because that's where the bride and groom's families were from. I just loved that idea and asked Julia to emulate that concept in a card. This is what she came up with and I think it's, well, moxie fab!
Urban Welcome Baby Card by Jennifer McGuire, p. 25
Moxie Fab Alert: I was in love with this stamp since the moment I first set eyes on it and asked Jennifer to work something up for the column that used it in a clever way. Since we also theme the March/April issue around babies, Jennifer worked up this card, which, IMHO, is such a clever way to do a trendy birth announcement or welcome baby card.
Here's a card that incorporates a cityscape from Card Creations, Volume 8. It's one of my all-time favies!
Night on the Town Card by Beth Opel, p. 16
To get your creative juices flowing even more vigorously, here are some inspiring cityscapes from one of my favorite sources of inspiration, Etsy:
Chicago Skyline from Puteminthewall
Watertown Cityscape Print from shimmertown
Moonlight Cityscape Sculpture on Canvas from PaperCottage
Calgary Cityscape Blues from byZIEHL
Urban City Skyline No. 3 from lauraprentice
Cityscape Greeting Card from JulieAnnA
Art Quilt Note Card from TerryAskeArtQuilts
Cityscape necklace from OrbitalElements
Cityscape II from LaurnyDoone
Cityscape Wedding Invitation from PrintableWeddings
Downtown is Where I Hang My Clothes Pillow from Olive
City Living Stitched Cityscape Canvas Print from lauraamiss
And if that's not enough, I came across this artist as I skipped and skittered across striking skylines:
La Bete Cityscape by Hilary Emerson Lay
Click here to see more of her inspiring work!
Just think of the possibilities here, friends! Think of all the products you have in your stash! What innovative ways can you create a paper crafted project using a cityscape as its focal point? (Remember just yesterday when Karolyn Loncon wowed us with her cityscape using decorative tape?)
I can't WAIT to see how you "rise" to this occasion, friends! Here are all the deets you'll need to do just that!
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates a cityscape in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Cityscapes Are On the Rise Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, March 28.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, March 30 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a moxie fab prize.
PS Love challenges? Paper Crafts magazine's March Gallery Challenge is all about babies. Click HERE to play!
PPS For more trendy cityscape inspiration, see pages 24-26 of the March/April issue.