Paper piecing is where you stamp an image on a piece of patterned paper or cardstock, cut it out, and piece it together on your project. It's trendy Wendy and a ton of fun. Here are some moxie fab examples from the issue:
Veggies Together Card by Kim Kesti, p. 37
Moxie Fab Alert: In this simple and supah fun card, Kim has simply stamped the various veggies on different patterned papers, cut them out and adhered them to her card. Paper piecing is an easy way to add patterns to stamped images to create certain looks or styles.
Good Times Card b Nicole Eccles, p. 42
Moxie Fab Alert: In one of my favorite cards from the entire issue, Nicole has stamped various aspects of the girl on different patterns and "pieced" them together to create this sweet-as-pie effect. Moxie fab!
Are you in pieces waiting to see how to enter this challenge? I thought you might be. Let's put it all together shall we?
- Create a stamped paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates the paper piecing technique in an innovative way. For more ideas and how-to step-outs on how to approach paper piecing, see pages 37-50 of Stamp It! Techniques.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Paper Piecing Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, March 14.
- Two winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, March 16 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button, a copy of Stamp It! Techniques, and a moxie fab prize!
Stamp and snip,
PS Stamp It! Techniques Week continues over on Paper Crafts Connection friends where Go-to Gal Betsy Veldman has prepared an awesome tutorial on how to combine two techniques--using shimmer sprays with embossing! We're overlapping today and then PK will be rounding out the week, so be sure and tune in there for the concluding days of our celebration!