Hotter than hot, decorative tape is all the rage. Paper Crafts Go-to Gal Kim Kesti has come up with some amazing ideas for how to incorporate this pretty sticky stuff into paper crafted projects that will definitely help you "stick" with this trend. Check it:
Pleat and ruffle tape for fast flowers and textured borders.
Make rosettes by twisting tape.
Create interesting texture by stamping over decorative tape.
Frame accents with semi-transparent patterned tape.
Overlap patterned tape to create unique borders.
Border-punch tape and affix directly to your project for a quick accent.
Affix tape to cardstock and die cut for fun sentiments and focal points.
Create self-adhesive photo corners in one easy step.
Attach accents with tape for a playful look.
Aren't these great ideas? Here are two projects from the issue that Kim created that are great examples of how to incorporate these techniques into your projects:
Ruffly Love You Card, p. 31
On the Wings of Love Card, p. 31
Whaddaytink? Can you see yourself having some fun with this challenge that is "tacky" and ''trendy" all at the same time? If so, here are the details you'll need to begin:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates decorative tape in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Please indicate how you've used tape in your project.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Get Daring with Decorative Tap Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, March 7.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, March 9 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a set of Washi tapes from Hambly Screen Prints as well as a smattering of their new products from CHA Winter!
Oh my moxie fab!
Things could get just a little bit sticky 'round here,
PS Don't forget! We've got three other challenges going on in celebration of Stamp It! Techniques Week! Whether you like Stamping with Markers, Stamping with Shimmer Sprays, Paper Piecing, or all three, I can't WAIT to see you get down and stampy!