So far, we've explored the first five sections in the magazine including Bright & Bold, Pretty Pastels, Jewel Tones, Metallics, and Monochromatics. Today, we end our supah fun week with earthy neutrals.
For this challenge, I thought it would be fun to go with this stunning combination from the magazine:
The Bazzill Basics Paper equivalents for this soft color combination are French Vanilla, Twig, and Smoky.
How lovely is this one, friends? Take a look at what two of our designers from the issue did with the combo:
Natural Friends Card by Maren Benedict, p. 144
Friends Forever Card by Tanis Giesbrecht, p. 145
Yummilicioius, yes? Here's how to enter your fab interpretations to this fun challenge:
- Create a paper crafted card that utilizes this exact color combination in an innovative way. You can use cardstock, ink, patterned paper, accents, embellishments, trims, etc.--just be sure that they match JUST these colors exactly (adding touches of one neutral such as white is OK.)
- Upload it to your blog, click on the title of that post, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Neutrals Color Challenge for Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight EST on Monday, January 31.
- Two winning entries will be shown on this blog on Friday, February 4 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a copy of this moxie fab issue.
- In addition, not only will I be selecting a total of twelve winners for these challenges, but the editors at Paper Crafts magazine will be using their discriminating eye to select one overall winner to receive...drum roll please...a Cricut, a Gyspy, and 7 cartridges. The winning card will also be published in the July/August 2011 issue of Paper Crafts magazine.
Which looks like this:
...and is worth round abouts $1,000!
Oh! My! Moxie! Grand! Prize!
Speaking of grand prizes, have you gone on our Color Inspiration for Card Makers Week Blog Hop yet? Start here and comment-to-win this very same moxie grand prize!