If you've seen the column, you know that it's all about zippers. Here are some moxie fab examples of the fun ways they're being used in the wide, wide world:
Santi FHB4710 Clutch from Endless.com
Stormy Day Zipper Cuff from dreamer76
Floral Brooch Zipper Pin from zippinning
Benjamin Cho Zipper Dress via Papermag
Zipper Headband from HouserWallis
In Perpetual Motion Zipper Necklace from catrinel777
Felt and Zipper Bird Brooch from woollyfabulous
Guess Baubles Shoe from Heels.com
Felt and Cherry Zipper Brooch from woollyfabulous
Handmade Zipper Flower Appliques from BizimSupplies
ZiGiny Women's Zoey from Endless.com
High Fashion 4716 Tote from Endless.com
Black Zipper Flower Headband from blacksatinshoes
Kelsi Dagger Women's Monroe Zipper Sandal from Endless.com
Pretty in Pink Zipper Necklace by dreamer76
And here's Jennifer, our editor-in-chief, who just happened to be wearing her zipper flower necklace the day I was gathering images for this post:
The challenge? To incorporate zippers into paper crafted projects such as these from the column. And you know what? It's a whole lot easier than you might think. Check it:
Star Joy Card by Kim Kesti, p. 26
Moxie Fab Alert: Here, Kim has simply glued a zipper around the outside of her star shape. Easy peasy and truly trendy!
Ruffled Peace Card by Betsy Veldman, p. 25
Moxie Fab Alert: In this festive card, Betsy has created trendy ruffles out of zippers. Again, this is moxie easy. All she did was adhere them, bunching them together so that they look like ruffles. And the flower? She simply stitched one length of zipper and pulled the threads until the zipper curled to form the flower.
Joy Gift Box by Danielle Flanders, p. 24
Moxie Fab Alert: In this gorgeous Christmas box, Danielle has folded and looped zippers, tacking them down with adhesive to create this beautifully unique "bow" at the top of her package.
For other ideas on how to zip up moxie and fab on your paper crafted projects, see the rest of the Moxie Fabs column on pages 25 and 26 of the November/December issue.
Doesn't this sound like a FUN challenge, friends? One that will really s-t-r-e-t-c-h your imagination? Personally, I can't WAIT to see the unique and innovative ways that you incorporate zippers into your projects!
If you're game, here are all the details you'll need to sink your "teeth" into this inspiring and oh-so-trendy challenge:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor item, mini-book cover, etc.) that incorporates zippers in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on your blog's title, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the All Zipped Up! Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Upload your projects by midnight on Monday, December 6.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, December 8 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a moxie fab prize.
PS Tomorrow is a very special day here in the Moxie Fab World. I hope to get to share it with all of you, my moxie fab friends. :)