We share resources and supplies, the lunch room, our office space, and most of all, friendship.
My cube is next to Joannie McBride's which is next to Lori Fairbank's which is next to Megan Hoeppner's. Megan's cube is across from Brittany Beattie's which is next to Kim Jackson's which is next to Kelly Smith's.
Yep. We are one big happy family.
And on the rare occasions when we get to collaborate with one another, well, that just makes for some moxie fab fun.
Take our respective July/August issues. We decided to join forces and gain inspiration from one another. For indeed, if inspiration is truly all around us, then certainly scrapbookers can be inspired by cards, and card makers can be inspired by layouts. I know, right?
That's exactly what happened in the July/August issue of Paper Crafts magazine.
We asked ten designers to create a card. Then, we sent an image of the cards to the Creating Keepsakes Dream Team and they created a layout based on the card inspiration they were given. Like this:
In this combination, Maille Belles created this For You, Friend card and then Dream Teamer Maggie Holmes created this Flip Flops & Piggie Tales layout based on Maille's card. Moxie fab, no?
Same thing happened on the Creating Keepsakes side in their July/August issue. They asked a few of their Dream Team members to create some layouts, then we invited some designers to create a card based on the layouts.
So, I was tinkin', hey, how 'bout we do this in the Moxie Fab World as well? Whaddayasay, friends? Do you think you can create an inspiring card based on this layout entitled Boat Ride by Jen Jockisch on page 60?
I knew that you could. Here are the rules for how to play:
- Create a card that gains its inspiration from the above layout in an innovative way.
- Upload it to your blog, click on your blog's title, copy the URL, and add it to Mr. Linky below.
- Tell your readers that you've created your project for the Finding Inspiration in a Layout Challenge in the Moxie Fab World and link it back to this post to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- If you don't have a blog, upload your project to this flickr gallery, copy the URL to your project, and add it to Mr. Linky below. Make sure you set the security on your photo so that I can copy it. If I can't copy the image, I won't be able to offer it as a winning entry.
- Upload your projects by midnight MDT on Monday, July 19.
- The winning entries will be shown on this blog on Wednesday, July 21 and will receive an "I'm Moxie Fab" challenge winner button as well as a moxie fab prize.
But wait, there's more! Click on over to Paper Crafts Connection for more inspiring images from this feature AND click on over the the Creating Keepsakes blog from their feature. The best part? You can comment-to-win both of these issues!
Click, comment, win! Does it get much better than that?
Inspiration really is all around us,