I asked Go-to Gal Betsy Veldman to choose the one card in Card Creations, Volume 8 that inspired her the most and then create her own card based on something she found to be moxie inspiring.
Out of all 273 cards in the issue, she chose this Embellished Birthday Wishes Card by Jessica Witty found on page 41:
Betsy says: There are so many things to love about this card, that I don't even know where to begin! First off, I love the colors...that soft yellow just makes everything pop! And then there are those little stamped doilies...proof to me that one little stamp can make a BIG impact! Then let's talk about her design -- I love the layout of the card and the delicious goodies she placed in each square.
So, I put a few of these yummy details of hers to work on my card:
I took a single square medallion stamp and stamped it repeatedly in a grid pattern. Then I filled each square with goodies. I thought this would be a perfect way to use some of those tiny little pieces I like to call "filler goodies"....you know...those little pieces that you get when you buy a sheet of stickers, rub-ons, or chipboard that just seem to fill up the spaces between the bigger pieces? They're not much on their own, but when grouped together and showcased like this, they make a BIG impact! This is a great way to use them up! Thanks for the inspiration, Jess!
Don't you just l-o-v-e what Besty has done with Jessica's card? Can't you imagine about 60 different ways to go on this? I can't wait to see--so start a-loadin'!
If you're new to the Tuesday Trigger, let me 'splain:
- Create a paper crafted project that is inspired by the Trigger that Betsy has provided and post it to your blog.
- Then, click on the title of your blog post, copy the URL at the top, and link it using Mr. Linky below.
- Please show the Trigger on your blog and link back to the Tuesday Trigger to encourage your readers to play along as well.
- Please include a statement as to how and why you were inspired as sometimes it isn't easy to tell. :)
- If you don't have a blog, post your project to this flickr group and link it to Mr. Linky as soon as you've grabbed the URL.
A big fat congrats to these Trigger Targets for their approaches to the most recent Trigger provided by Alicia Thelin: kelly marie, ~amy~, Chan, Pam, and Lorena (Paperella). Congratulations, ladies!
Be sure and stop by Paper Crafts Connection today where Card Creations Week is in full swing. My dear friend Susan R. Opel is chatting it up with our three Card Creations cover girls and is also giving away some moxie fab prizes from Cosmo Cricket, Jillibean Soup, and Papertrey Ink!
Inspired by Card Creations Week,
PS Let's not forget all the inspiration to be found in our current Moxie Fab World Challenge: Fun with Fabric! Click HERE for 11 fabrific ideas that are certain to fibrillate your fibers!