Ask and ye shall receive.
I’ve got a super fun challenge for you today that comes straight from the pages of Paper Crafts magazine. In our September/October issue, we did a feature called Around the House. It is filled with projects that incorporate trendy household items like these:
Simply Shine Card by Maren Benedict, p. 74
Stay Tuned Card by Teri Anderson, p.72
And chairs and chandeliers like in this card by Erin Lincoln:
Fancy a Chat Card, p. 69
In fact, you can find these kitschy necessities everywhere in pop culture today. Check it:
Itty Bitty Cylinder - Eames from CircaCeramics
Birds in the Kitchen - Toaster from LuckyBluebirdArt
Bicyclette Tee from Urban Outfitters
Bernadette Note Cards from the Lumiere Collection by rushwilliams
Fan Fine Art Photograph by photohale
Suitcases Card from lauredesigns
Underwood Typewriter Neckties from toybreaker
Teeny Bike Handbag from pollyannacowgirlbags
Whimsical Lamp Flat Note Cards from BethMaries
Camera Tee from Urban Outfitters
Viking Cup from CircaCeramics
Louis XVI Chair - Original Papercut Art from tinatarnoff
Buttermint Tiles from maiziejane
Atomic TV Scrabble Tile Art Pendant from ItsAllAboutThePrint
Your challenge? Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor, etc.) that incorporates some kind of household item as its focal point. That's anything that can be found in the house, friends For trendy household items can be found everywhere on paper crafting product these days, whether it be in the form of stamps, chipboard elements, rub-ons, transparencies, or patterned paper. For more inspiration, consult p. 68 of your issue to see all 18 inspiring projects, and check out this online bonus project by Jennifer Hansen and this one by Teri Anderson.
Ready to get started? Great! Here's how to enter the challenge:
- Create a paper crafted project (card, gift bag, tag, layout, home decor, etc.) that incorporates some kind of household item as its focal point.
- Upload a photo of your project to your blog, come back here and post the URL to your project page (not your main blog URL) in the Mr. Linky box below. Post a link to the Moxie Fab World in your blog's text to encourage your readers to see the other projects that have been linked and to try the challenge themselves.
- If you don't have a blog, go to this Flickr gallery, upload your photo, and post the URL to your project (not the group) in the Mr. Linky box below.
- Enter your card in the World Card Making Day Contest for a chance to be published in the March/April 2010 issue of Paper Crafts magazine! Click here for details!
- Accomplish this task by midnight MDT on Monday, September 21. The winning entries will be showcased on this blog on Wednesday, September 23 and will receive a truly moxie fab prize!
We're on a roll, friends! Let's keep the party going by entering this fun challenge! I can't wait to see what you dream up!
Life is in the challenges,